Thomas Building Pty Ltd
ACN 146 391 675
ABN 36 146 391 675
Builders Registration Board #13536
Thomas Building is a leading builder across Western Australia with operations in Perth, Karratha and Port Hedland. The company is tightly structured and managed to deliver quality and value that fits any project's vision and purpose, regardless of its location, scale or complexity.
Our directors and staff have been responsible for numerous projects across Western Australia including:
- Bulk housing for Government
- Bulk housing for the resources sector
- Single housing for investors and owner occupiers
- Medium and high density apartments
- Hotels & resorts
- Shopping centres
- Fire stations
- Serviced apartments
- Villa Developments
- Industrial workshops, warehouses and offices
Previously, Shareholder and Director of Rapley Wilkinson, Alan has always maintained a "hands on" career having spent many years working on-site and advancing his career through the ranks from Site Manager, Construction Manager and then General Manager.
Alan started Thomas Building in early 2011. Since then, his achievements in Perth and in particular regional WA include, Seashells Resort Mandurah, Footprints Resort Preston Beach, and in Broome, Cable Beach Club, Tropicana Resort and Frangipani Resort.
Commercial projects include numerous mass housing projects for BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Woodside and Yara Pilbara, multiple Government housing projects; numerous schools throughout the region, and most recently, The Ranges development in Karratha.
Alan's technical knowledge and experience in design, construction and development in regional areas has placed him as a pivotal adviser and key stakeholder in this market.
Registered Builder (8262)
Advanced Management Course (Mt. Eliza)
Director - Construction,
With over 20 years of Building and Construction experience Greg, in partnership with Alan Thomas, started Thomas Building in early 2011. Greg is a registered builder. Greg offers a wealth of knowledge and experience to Thomas Building and has a demonstrated track record for delivering large complex projects.
Previously, General Manager with Rapley Wilkinson, Greg's technical knowledge of building is proven in his delivery of projects like BHP's Hopetoun Village; numerous housing developments in joint venture with Clough Property and numerous Government housing projects.
Greg's expertise in project management, his passion for estimating and his process driven way of thinking is a key factor behind successful projects.
Diploma of Building & Construction
AIM Leadership course
Occupational Safety, Health & Environmental (OSHE)
Thomas Building is committed to providing a safe work place for all its staff, sub-contractors and visitors.
Our Safety Management System has been developed to meet the requirements and recommendations of "AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational health and safety management systems - Specification with guidance for use" and outlines the safety policies and procedures of Thomas Building and the duties and responsibilities of its employees and sub-contractors. All employees and sub-contractors are required to understand and follow the requirements of our Safety Management System.
Our Safety Management System is designed to give all employees and sub-contractors, a complete introduction to our company safety and health policies, protocols, practices and safe work instructions.
At Thomas Building, safety to be an integrated part of our management system, and our continuous involvement and planning demonstrates the commitment required to provide and maintain a safe system of work.
Our Safety Management System consists of:
- Safety & Health-System Overview, Safety & Health Policy, Duties, Responsibilities and Planning
- Safety & Health Communications
- Safety & Health Training
- Hazard & Risk Management
- Safe Work Practices
- Checklists & Registers
- Emergency Response
- Injury Management
- Performance Indicators
- Register of Forms
Thomas Building is responsible for ensuring that any relevant changes to Acts, Regulation, codes of practice and guidelines relevant to the industry are complied with and communicated to employees.
Our Safety Management System is reviewed on a regular basis.
Thomas Building’s objective is to cause no harm to the environment and to continually improve our environmental performance by incorporating sound environmental practices as part of our construction activities.
In order to accomplish this objective, our policy is to:
- Ensure daily activities are undertaken in a way that encourages sustainable development, including pollution prevention; waste reduction, and the prevention of any discharge to atmosphere, land or water.
- Pursue environmental performance which exceeds (where practicable) regulatory requirements and industry standards to which Thomas Building subscribes.
- Enhance communications by ensuring this policy is available to all clients, staff, contractors and the public.
- Maintain and regularly review this policy and its objectives on a regular basis.
- Provide assistance to, and encourage, our contractors to develop and employ environmentally friendly work processes.
Governance & Quality Management Systems
Thomas Building has a series of control mechanisms in place as part of their standard procedures and systems.
These mechanisms are documented in company policies and office procedure manuals. The documents provide definitions of the:
- Authority Levels
- Standards of Documentation
- Codes of Conduct
- Accepted Business Practice Standards
- Meeting Structures
Thomas Building follow strict procedures based on years of construction experience and include the following policies:
- Mission, Vision and Values Statement
- Thomas Building Quality Management Systems:
- QMS Manual
- QMS PO1 Documents & Record Control
- QMS PO2 System Improvement
- QMS PO3 Human Resource Management
- QMS PO4 Equipment Calibration
- QMS PO5 Purchasing
- QMS PO6 Tendering & Contracting
- QMS PO7 Design Control
- QMS PO8 Project Control
- QMS PO9 Finance & Administration
- QMS P10 Reception Administration
- Employment Handbook
- Employee Code of Conduct
- Staff Performance Appraisals & Development Plans
- Risk Management
- Board Approval Procedures
- Project Accounting Standards (including audits, internal & external)
- Construction Audit Procedures
- Project Planning, Programming & Scheduling
- Compliance Checking
- Quality Policy
- Occupational Health & Safety Policy
- Indigenous Participation Policy
- Environmental & Community Policy
- Local Industry Participation Policy
- Anti Bribery & Corruption Policy
Compliance with internal processes are subjected to six monthly routine audits to ensure our quality management system is being followed and amended as required.
To build successfully within Western Australia's rigid regulatory regime, particularly in remote locations, takes a special set of skills that few possess.
The Master Builders Association recognises this fact and attributes the highest merit to builders that have overcome difficulties and obstacles in completing projects.
It is therefore indicative of our capabilities that our directors have won several MBA Awards for Excellence in Construction for projects undertaken in regional Western Australia.